Saturday, August 13, 2011

Country Life





As I was up at the crack of dawn this morning, I jumped in the car and headed down to the farmer's market.

I sometimes forget that I am living in the country, so it was a nice reminder

The market was bustling with people buying their weekly fresh goods, as well as coffee, crepes, jams and preserves...



...and if that wasn't country enough, there was a great little country duo, perched on a couple of haystacks, playing a selection o f bluegrass numbers to remind us exactly where we were.



I loaded up on the usual fare - tatsoi, kale, broccoli, freshly dug sweet potatoes, and  as it's the end winter, LOADS of citrus - blood oranges, mandarins, lemons and grapefruit.

YUM.







 ...and found some new friends, who were just as curious about me, as I was about them, on my way home...







EEE - AAW!


No comments:

Post a Comment